Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Spider Commited Suicide in my Vanity and it is all my fault.




I usually close the lid to my vanity after I am done doing my makeup, but sometimes when I am in a hurry I forget to close it.  One afternoon when I came home I saw a little spider crawling all over my makeup.  I thought "oh no you don't little spider.  Get away from my makeup?"  I chased the spider around my vanity for awhile, but I couldn't catch it.  I didn't want to kill the little guy.  My intentions were to catch him and release him to the wild.  Well, I was in a hurry to leave again and I didn't have time to catch him.   I didn't want him running all over my makeup.  I took a clear drinking glass and trapped him underneath.  He freaked out for a little bit running in circles, but I turned the lights off and he calmed down.  I figured I would release him to the wild later when I got home.




After I got home, I was so tired I went straight to bed and forgot about the spider.  When I woke up the next morning the first thing I did was check on him to see how he was doing.  The spider was half way on the inner portion of the glass and half way on the outer portion of the glass.  I thought, "is he escaping?"  No, he was dead.  He had tried to escape while I was sleeping.  He tried to crawl under the rim of the glass, but instead the rim of the glass crushed him.  Awwww and it is all my fault. I never meant for him to die.  Poor spider.

No comments:

Post a Comment