Thursday, November 24, 2011

Surgery Countdown: 6 days to go

Because it is Thanksgiving I will tell you what I am thankful for


I am extremely thankful that I am able to have this surgery next week with one of the best surgeons.  I am grateful for a chance at a new chapter in my life.  I am grateful that I have health insurance and that I have a husband who is supporting me through a costly surgery.

Many people in the US don't have access to affordable health care and I know this first hand because most of my life I didn't have health care.  Not only that, but many of my friends and family don't have health care either.  I hope that one day everyone will have access to health care, because there is nothing more important than your health.

Our country is arguable the richest country in the world, but we are by far not the healthiest country and our not living the longest either.  My wish is that all my friends and family, all the children, and all the elderly can be happy and healthy.

I know it is Thanksgiving so it is a perfect day to start your positive thinking and give thanks to all the wonderful things in your life.  I also, know that most of you will eat a lot so remember to
Fill up on fruits and vegetables
Floss your teeth
Give your body a good stretch
and a brisk walk
Think positive
Love your families
Remember to treat your body and mind good so you can live a long healthy life


I love you all and I hope everyone has something to be thankful for today.




PS I am not eating turkey today, we are making Chinese Hot Pot  and I got an apple pie from Whole Foods for dessert.
Also I am going to be doing something crazy and wacky to my hair in honor of my surgery.  I have always wanted to do this so stay tuned.  Here is my before hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment