Sunday, November 27, 2011

Surgery Countdown: 3 Days left to go

Things to Get Before your Surgery

Shower Chair
This is my old man shower chair that I have already because I can't stand up long enough to take a shower.  I will definitely need this after my surgery so I am glad I already have it around. 

Anti-Bacterial Soap
This is Anti-Bacterial soap.  You only need one bar but it was on sale so I bought the pack.  You will need to shower with anti-bacterial soap the morning before your surgery.


This is for the Girls
Wax
Ferndale Shirt Represent

I chose to wax my legs before surgery because you wont be able to shave for awhile.  This is my favorite wax at the moment. Nad's

Toilet Chair
I didn't buy a toilet chair to raise the toilet seat because I have someone to help me go to the bathroom and I am a veteran at hip surgery and have mastered the challenge of going to the bathroom, but if you don't have anyone to help you and you have never had surgery before this will make going to the bathroom much, much easier.

A Cute Outfit
Okay, maybe your outfit doesnt have to be cute, but it does need to be loose and comfy.  When your surgery is over and you are getting dressed you are going to be very groggy and its going to be hard to get your clothes on.  You will also have large dressings over your wounds so won't be able to slip on tight yoga pants.  It is also possible that you might have some other contraptions on your leg.  When I woke up from my last surgery I had on stockings, a very bulky weird device and a large ice pack. So pick your outfit wisely so that you can easily get dressed.  If you need a jacket pick one with a zipper because those are easier to get on.


Luckily for me I have Gavin to help me get dressed so I don't have to worry about that part, but I think I will still forgo my bra since I know Gavin is good at taking those off but I have never seen him put one on. ;)
 
HAHA

Food
You may not feel like eating or cooking during your first few days of recovery.  During my last surgery I slept most of the time for the first few days so I was only awake long enough to eat a little.  Go to the grocery store and grab fresh snacks that are easy on the stomach.  Choose foods such as fresh fruits, and whole grains with lots of fiber.  Steer clear of foods like cheese that will make you constipatedIt is also a good idea to prepare meals in advance and freeze them, especially if you have a family to feed.


No comments:

Post a Comment