Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Phone convo with Dr. Sampson


Dr. Sampson called me in response to my email to answer some of my questions and put my mind at ease.

He said that I should have a very different and much more positive experience compared to my previous surgery.

Addressing my retroversion, he said many patients with retro version are treated with this same procedure.  Anterversion is much more difficult to treat.  I probably wont need surgery to correct my retroversion.  Yay!

Version Surgery.  I don't need this!  I hope


As for traveling, Dr. Sampson said to give myself 6 weeks minimum before traveling, and to give myself 3 months to be on the safe side.

As for driving, I will be able to drive after 5 days of recovering.  Much different than my first surgery.  I couldn't drive for 5 months.



I can return to work after three days off.  I am going to take off three days plus the weekend for a total of 5 days.

I will be on crutches for about 6 weeks with partial weight baring as soon as I can stand it. 

As for my leg length discrepancy, I forgot to ask him about that.  Oops.  I will have to call him again.

I felt much better after talking to Dr. Sampson and feel that I should go ahead with my surgery.


No comments:

Post a Comment