Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hello, my name is Cookie Monster



I know my post many weeks ago was all about losing weight, but like I said before, you have to have a little fun in your life.  Little, as in, the size of a cookie. Cookies are my one true love.  Cookies and I have been together long before Gavin and I met.  Luckily, Gavin understands that my cookies are not going anywhere.  Cookies have been with since I learned to eat solid foods, through skinned knees, breakups, late night study sessions, and yes, they were there all through my pre-wedding stress.  I consider myself a connoisseur of fine cookies.  Today, I am going to tell you about my top 5 favorite cookies of all time.

5) Buttered Rum Cookies


It has rum in it!  It couldn't be bad.  These coookies are covered in powdered sugar.  They are soft and chewy and melt in your mouth. Yes, these cookies  contain actual rum and you don't bake these cookies so the alcohol is still in the cookie.  I wonder how many cookies it would take to get drunk?

4) Chocolate Mint Cookies

There is something so magical about the taste of chocolate and mint together.  It is like the two are made for eachother.  When you combine chocolate and mint into a cookie that is just amazing.  Chocolate mint cookies are one of my favorite treats.  I like to buy the all natural cookies and eat them from a box, but I bet it would be fun to make these cookies too.

 3) No Bake Cookies

Yummy.  These are so good and good for you too right?  These cookies have oatmeal and peanut butter as part of the ingredients.  The best part about these cookies is that they are so easy to whip up and you don't have to wait for the cookies to bake or cool down before you eat them.

2) Whole Foods' Flour-less Chocolate Chewy Cookies

I discovered these cookies when I was living in Pittsburgh, PA.  These babies got me through many late night college papers.  They are so fricken good.  These cookies have a hard outside and a soft, chewy inside.  The cookies are crumbly, yummy, and super rich.

1)  Grandma's Chocolate Chip Cookies

My grandma makes the best cookies of all time and they are chocolate chip.  Chocolate chip cookies are timeless and never too rich, so you can always have more than one.  My Grandma's cookies are pretty hard to get your hands on because she only bakes her famous chocolate chip cookies a few times a year, and in limited quantities.  Fortunately for you, she isn't stingy, so she doesn't keep her recipe a secret.  In fact, her recipe is published.  Yeah, you can find her famous recipe on the back of a package of Nestle chocolate chips.


 So tell me, what is your favorite cookie or other sweet snack?

No comments:

Post a Comment