Friday, March 16, 2012

15 Weeks Post Op Check Up with Surgeon

15 Week Check Up

On Tuesday I saw my surgeon for my follow up appointment.  I was very anxious to hear what my surgeon had to say.  I've been on crutches for 15 weeks and it seems like forever.  I still have a lot of pain in my hip.  My adductor muscles are hurting and it feels like those muscles are pulling on my pubic synopsis.  Also my hip flexor hurts, and my gluteus medius always hurts.  It is hard to get the pain levels down.  I need to rest and ice a lot.

When I saw my surgeon I told him about my concerns.  He said that the pain is coming from inflammation in my joint.  There is still pieces of cartilage floating around in my hip joint and my body needs to get rid of that.  It may take 7 months to start feeling pain relieve.  My surgeon said that he doesnt mind if I stay on my crutches until then.

My x-rays look good.  The impingement appears to be gone.  I have goodish joint space of 3.5mm on my left(non-surgical) hip and 3mm of joint space on my right(surgical) hip.

Right now it is just a waiting game.  I just need to be careful and not overdo it.

No comments:

Post a Comment