Thursday, December 22, 2011

3 weeks since Surgery Check In

3 Weeks Since My Surgery

Wednesday marked three weeks since my surgery.  My body stopped feeling like it got ran over by a bus and now it just feels like I got ran over by a bike.  I am feeling much better but I not ready to cut a rug on the dance floor yet.
  • I am off of pain meds except for bad nights.
  • 2 of my three incisions are healed and one is still scabbed
  • I have been putting about 20-30% weight on my leg and it is feeling okay.
  • My hip hurts differently than it did pre-surgery.  I take this as a good sign that my impingement is gone.
  • My opposite hip and knee (left) are hurting really bad because they have to carry the extra weight.  I worry about my left hip.
  • My appetite is really good.  I still get an upset stomach if I eat anything too exciting like spicy dishes or sushi.  I have been eating a lot of soup, fruit, yogurt and drinking lots of tea and juice.
  • My upper back is hurting really bad; I think because I sit a lot and hunch over on my crutches.  I can't walk around a stretch out.
  • I got a foot massage and they massaged my back and hips and it was really a relief.  I can't wait to start physical therapy and have them massage my hip out.  It feels really tight.
  • I can touch my toes now but I can't sit cross-legged yet.
  • Of course I am still on crutches and will be off of crutches in 3 more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment