Friday, July 6, 2012

Big Steps

I Went to the Gym for the First Time without My Crutches
 
This was a big scary step for me. The gym is fairly large and even though I can park close I still need to cross a street. The gym is full of stairs and balls flying through the air and my crutches signal to other that "hey, don't through balls this way, I can't dodge." I got to the gym and took the elevator up. I rode the bike then I went for a swim. I even took the stairs down holding on the rail and walking carefully.



My pain levels did go up but it wasn't excruciating. I definitely, without a doubt, feel better than I did last month and the month before. My pain levels have been between a 3 and a 6 for the last month and I have been managing walking around the house and doing housework much better. I still need to be careful. I can't jump or twist or do any dancing. I still need to walk slowly and carefully but at this point I am feeling better than I did before surgery.

I am pretty happy and hopeful about this improvement. I am wondering if I might have a soft tissue impingement due to scar tissue in my hip joint and that may be causing my pain now. I will just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment