Friday, June 29, 2012

Crutches 7 Months Post-Op

 CRUTCHES

At 7 months post-op I am still using my crutches.  I usually use my crutches to go to the mall, grocery shopping, or when I am going out to eat downtown and will need to walk more than a block.

I am not using my crutches when I am around the house, to walk into Starbucks if I have a close parking spot, or to pick up my medication at the pharmacy during non-busy hours.

I am slowly using my crutches less, but I am still in a lot of pain when I am not using my crutches.

My surgeon said that it is smart to use my crutches when I am out and about.

I have spoken to other people who were on crutches for 8, 9, 10 months or even over a year, but those people had been in a bad car accident and had broken multiple bones.  Ouch!!  But luckily they told me that they fully recovered.  At least I have some expert crutch company with those people.

Well, the sunshine came out and I am off to take my crutches out and about and I plan to take a swim today.

No comments:

Post a Comment