Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Liebster Blog Award

Liebster Blog Award

I was given a Liebster Award today by Denise, wife and mom times 3 at Learning to Walk Again. Thank you, Denise!





Liebster Award

Liebster Award
LIEBSTER - The meaning:
A German word meaning sweet, kind, nice, dear, beloved, lovely, valued and welcome.


Here are the guidelines for the Liebster:
  • Post 11 random facts about yourself.
  • Answer 11 questions the presenter has asked you, and give 11 questions to the people you’ve awarded. [Choose 11 deserving bloggers and share your post with them. REMEMBER! The people that you choose should have less than 200 followers]
  • Tell them you’ve chosen them for the award. [No tag backs]
  • Snag this button and proudly display it on your blog!

  • My 11 Random Facts:
    • One leg is longer than the other and I wear a lift in my shoe
    • Marie is my middle name
    • I wish that I owned a vineyard
    • I have had two hip surgeries
    • I have had three of my wisdom teeth out
    • I love the color grey because it reminds me of my hometown Seattle
    • I adopted a dog named Penny this year;  she is four years old
    • I volunteer at the animal shelter making videos of cats
    • I love chocolate and coffee
    • I love lime flavored Margaritas!
    • I sing "Call Me Maybe" to my dog and she likes it

    And here are the questions that Denise asked me:

    1. Why did you start blogging?  
    I started blogging because so many people were asking me questions about my hip and about my condition.  I found that even strangers were very curious.  Blogging is a way to keep my friends and family up to date and to raise awareness about disabilities.  It can happen to anyone.
    2. What is your favorite season?
    My favorite season is Fall.  I love the crisp cold air, the warm cozy clothes, the pumpkin flavored coffee and the beautiful leaves changing colors.
    3. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
    I love warm, white, sandy beaches.  I love to lounge around drinking margaritas and reading a good book.  My favorite place I have ever been was Cabo, Mexico, but I am sure there are plenty of white sandy beaches in the world just waiting for me.
    4. Who is your role model?
    My role model is my grandma.  She is the kindest, most good hearted person I know.  She is beautiful and has beautiful skin and a pretty smile.  She had hip pain for years before her hip replacement and I rarely heard her complain. 
    5. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
    This is a tough question.  A physical trait I love is my eyes.  In pictures they turn out so blue, but when I look in the mirror they look green and grey.  Another trait I have is that I love to clean (some things).  I love a clean bathroom and kitchen.  A clean room makes me feel so good and I am glad I enjoy the process of cleaning as long as I am not feeling too crummy.  If I didnt have my hip condition my house would probably be sparkling all the time.
    6. What was the first concert you ever went to?
    I think it was a No Doubt concert I went to with my best friend when we were in high school.  It was super fun.  We were in the standing room only section and got really close to the stage. 
    7. What is your favorite book?
    My favorite book always changes with the last book I read.  I really enjoyed The Hunger Games.  Before that I read Dreams of Joy by Lisa See.  I love to read a good book, but I wouldn't say I have a favorite.
    8. If you could create one law, what would it be?
    You have to be nice to others.  Haha, mean people suck.  I know this couldn't really be a law, but mean grouchy people should just stay at home.
    9. What are three words that best describe you?
    Sweet, clean, hairy, haha (but I getting laser hair removal so I wont be hairy for much longer)
    10. What is your favorite quote?
    "All discarded lovers should be given a second chance, but with somebody else."  Mae West
    I love all of Mae West quotes.   
    11. If you had to eat one food item for the rest of your life, what would it be?
    coffee, does that count?  I could do decaf and put milk in it, but it wouldn't be very nutritious.
    Here are the questions that I am asking you:
    1. Why did you start blogging?
    2. What is your favorite tv show?
    3. What would you do if you had a million dollars?
    4. Are you a good dancer?
    5. Are you good at Jeopardy / Do you watch the show?
    6. If you could choose a super power would you rather be able to fly or teleport?
    7. What is the last book you read and did you enjoy it?
    8. What is your favorite thing to do on the weekend?
    9.  Where do you plan to take your next vacation?
    10. What color is your toothbrush
    11. What is one of your nicknames?



    Katie @ Hedgehog Blog 
    Susie @ Goodnight Nobody
    Jorge @ RunJorgeRun


    No comments:

    Post a Comment