Here are my improvements
- I can ride stationary bike up to 60 minutes lowest setting medium speed
- Go to the gym and do some low impact excercise
- Improved strength and increased muscle mass
- Good range of motion in my hip
- Swim with little increased pain afterwards
- Walking more without my crutches
- On a good day I can walk around a grocery store while leaning on a cart and get most of my grocery shopping done
- Some days pain levels can be as low as 3 without medication
- With medication, I can have pain level 3 and be able to walk with a normal gait
- I don't need my crutches around the house and I don't use them if I go to Starbucks or Subway as long as there is no line.
And now onto the Pain
- Increase in pain with any standing or walking
- My hip cannot take any sort of impact without increase pain
- I am have 5-7 pain levels more days than not
- I can't walk more than 10 minutes without increase in severe pain levels
- My walk is slow and I must walk gingerly
- My gait is usually not normal
- I need my crutches when I leave my house to go shopping or if I will be waiting in line.
- Some days I am in so much pain I don't want to get out of bed (like today)
- Still have week hip flexor muscle and week thigh muscle
- I can't go for long walks, go to carnivals, travel without my crutches and severe increase of pain.
My surgeon said if I am not feeling better after 7 months we will need to start thinking about what to do next. I am anxious to see my surgeon.
Emotionally I definitely have ups and downs as well. Some days I feel like crying but don't have the energy to do so.
On another note, I am thinking about starting a diet such as an anti-inflammatory diet and taking dietary supplements to see if it will help with inflammation and make me feel better. Diets are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard though. I will keep you updated and let me know if you have had any success with diets.