Don't ask me what is wrong with me if you are not prepared for the answer. Every time a leave my house up to dozens of people stop to ask me "What did you do to yourself?", "Did you hurt your knee?", " What did you do to your foot?" , "Were you skiing?", "What happened?" and so on.
As I begin to answer I can see people eyes begin to glaze over partly of all the medical conditions I have and all the medical terms that I use and partly because the nature of my injury is quite boring. Here it goes:
I have a congenital condition (I was born with it). I have a femoral acetabular impingement (FAI), hip dysplasia, femoral retroversion (out-toeing) caused by slipped capital femoral epiphysis, which all led to the degeneration of my labrum and avascular necrosis.
NO WONDER I AM IN PAIN!
Sometimes this leads to more questions.
"How long will you be on crutches?" I am not sure, maybe another month maybe indefinitely.
"Will you need another surgery?" Yes.
"When will you have surgery?" I am not sure.
Sometimes, on rare occasions, someone actually has this condition or a similar condition or they have a sister or daughter with this condition. Like the nice man at Whole Foods who helped me out to my car. He had his first hip replacement at 30 because of avascular necrosis.
So the point of this post is don't ask me what is wrong with me if you don't want me to tell you because I will tell you alright. I was thinking about making post cards with diagrams to hand out but that might be too much. I am actually getting pretty tired of telling people my boring story about my congenital condition.
I wish I had a more interesting story to tell for my injury like......
- I was a professional skateboarder and ran into a pole
- Professional surfer and got bit by a shark
- I witness a bank robbery, tackled the robber and got shot in the foot
- I'm a ninja, ninjas get injured too.
- I was trying out for the part of Laura Croft in Tomb Raider 10
- I met Jet Li, he is not as nice as he looks
- Bar fight
- Dropped by tattoo gun on my foot
- Went skydiving and my shoot didn't open
- I work at Fringe Division and my toe got cut off while walking trough the portal to the other universe
- Plane Crash