Friday, May 4, 2012

Over 5 Months Post Op

 Its Been Over 5 Months Already

I am just over 5 months post-op from my November 30th surgery.  I am making small improvements, but small improvements are better than a kick in the butt.  Right?

So this week, I have started stretching out my hip about 7 time a day for 30 seconds.  I stretch in the morning while I brush my teeth and several times during the day at work.  Then I stretch again when I get home and always before I go to bed.




I have also been hitting the gym and swimming.  I have been going to the gym 3 times a week and swimming twice a week on average.  I always stretch out before and after my workout.  I think all the stretching has helped with my pain levels because I haven't been in excruciating pain after my swims or workouts.

I have not had any super bad flare ups in the last two weeks.  I always describe a flare up as pain level 7 or 8.   My pain levels have been around 4, 5, 6 for the past couple of weeks.
6 = Can't sleep, just punch me
5 =  nagging
4 = hurts but lets watch a movie and I can forget about it for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment