Friday, January 13, 2012

Snap, Crackle, Pop

Why is my Hip Popping?

I told my surgeon about how my hip was popping and clicking and I also told him about the one time it slid out of place and swelled up really bad.
Dr. Sampson said that the popping and clicking is normal.  The reason it is popping so much is because the blood in my hip area is sticky and therefore my hip is sticking then clicking.  Dr. Sampson said that this should go away in a couple of months, but if it is still happening in a few months we will need to take another X-ray to see what is going on.

Another reason my hip may be popping is because of the lasticity in my hip.  There is a capsule around your hip socket.  My capsule was already very loose from my last surgery.  During this surgery my surgeon cut through the capsule again to perform the surgery.  He sewed it back up afterwards, but the capsule is still healing and growing back.  The capsule will grow back on its own.


No comments:

Post a Comment