Thursday, June 23, 2011

Saw my surgeon QUICK UPDATE

Last week I met with my surgeon, Dr Safran.  (So many people have said great things about him).  He said I am doing great!  I have improved a little bit, but a little bit of improvement is good in my case.  I believe I have improved about 30% in the last three months. 

When I first met with Dr. Safran, I was on crutches full time.  I hated to get up in the morning. I hated haveing to walk to the bathroom because I was in so much pain.  I just sat in bed most of the day.  Now I am off crutches and I dont dread walking to the bathroom.  I still use my cane to walk sometimes, but now I feel comfortable going places by myself.  I feel confident that I can walk from the parking space into the store and maybe even walk around the store a little if I am feeling really good that day.

So, Dr. Safran checked my strength and was happy with my progress.  I have never worked out with so much ambition before.  My hip flexor is still really weak.  But hey, Dr. Wright just cut into my hip flexor 10 months ago, what do you expect?  Dr. Safran is hoping I dont need another surgery.  I am hoping that too.  I see him again in 3 months.
I still have good days and bad days, but more good days than bad.  I am feeling so happy with my improvement.  For me, a small improvement is actually a huge improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment